Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Module 3

I once catalogued my book collection. It contained all the details you could imagine - cover description, condition, inscriptions, front piece and so on. And then I accidentally deleted the computer file and no one could retrieve it. I still cringe when I think of the moment I discovered that the file was gone. I'd created the catalogue so that I'd have a list of my secondhand books with me when I visited the UK. Now for my second trip I had no record.
You can, then, image how impressed I am with LibraryThing. I'll tour it more to discover how much scope there is for adding details about my copy of each book, but I love the idea of an online, accessible everywhere catalogue of my books.
Not only that but the recommendation features and the ability to search the libraries of like-minded people is fantastic.
Now I'm off to track down some of the books listed on the Zeitgeist Overview. How cool to be able to read the books that one of your favourite authors recommends!

P.S. I only began with Childhood Favourites but if you're interested access my library here: http://www.librarything.com/catalog/BeckaL

No comments: