Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Module 4 - ebooks, audiobooks and overdrive

I’m a very happy girl. It never occurred to me that doing this course would provide me with access to a new source of free books! I have known about Project Gutenberg for a long time but when I last checked it out I gained the impression that it was a seriously academic site, not terribly useful for general entertainment. However, I just spent a good period of time buried in Jane Eyre. To think there are so many other free book sites around. Wonderful!
How I managed to miss the Download collection! It was a bit scary launching myself in (I hadn’t bothered to read any instructions) but I got there in the end. I’ll be using this one a lot. I’ve identified a potential problem though. How will I resist the temptation to read at work? It will just look like I’m busy doing what I should!

No comments: