Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Module 4 - podcasts

I was feeling sad that I’d had no chance to attend the Australian Writer’s Festival. Now, because I was introduced to podcasts and Radio National’s Podcasts and MP3s, I got to hear a session of the festival when historians discussed the concept of evil. Great fun! It’s great to hear authors speak of their books and expand your understanding of them beyond what they record on the page. If you’re interested the link is: http://www.abc.net.au/rn/bookshow/index/audio.htm and you’re after the podcast for Thursday 28 August 2008.
The Education Podcast Network looks like an excellent resource. I love the idea of accessing recordings of the great speeches etc. Unfortunately, my computer was not so happy with the site so I’ll tackle it again after I’ve cleaned things up and deleted a few temp files. A nice discovery as I searched was that each state government’s education department appears to have pages of links of recommended podcasts. I’ll use them lots. The Victorian site recommends http://www.podomatic.com/ to create podcasts.
I think the thing I am enjoying most about Web2 technologies is the way they condense or link time and space. I’m busy with work during the festive – no worries, listen to a podcast one sleepless night. Want to share photos with my sister in Europe – no worries try Flickr. What wonderful thing will they come up with next?

No comments: